Pulling Pex through 4" Sewer Pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Northern WI
After reading the post below I want to run 4” sewer pipe as a conduit 175’ to the house. To insulate I will have the pipe sprayed with closed cell foam. My question is will 4- 1” Pex lines pull through the conduit without much problem? Has anyone tried the Pex-Al-Pex? I will use 2- 45 degree fittings rather than a single 90 degree.

Thanks, George

”I just finished installing 220’ of SDR35 (4” sewer pipe w/ neoprene gasket built in) and spayed it with 2-3” of closed cell urethane foam (purchased from EFI in Westborough MA 800-876-0660 or Wisconsin 800-962-7015) on all sides. I now have a water tight, well insulated, smooth interior conduit from house to barn and house to hot tub. I can snake anything I desire through the pipes with no worries. The SDR cost @ $1/ft but the foam was a little pricey at $1050 for two 600 bd/ft kits and a hose kit. But I couldn’t wait for a foam crew to show up two weeks later for the same money. I did the foam in two layers with a helper moving the tanks along the trench in less than 3 hours. It would have gone quicker if we didn’t have to pump water out of the trench along the way. If you are interested in the SDR35 you will find it at any TEAM EJP or call the Spfld MA store 413-543-8888.
best of luck,
Ed (Eforrest)”
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/18383/

Status
Not open for further replies.