pulling THWN wire through long conduit, which type to use, how difficult ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah, but I don't know that I can expect a fencing company to do electrical work. Trouble is now, I have about 50 feet of their fence directly on top of my electrical. Debating whether to make them move it, as any later damage to the fence (eg. falling branch) is likely to cause damage to my fence.

Of course, the post holes were filled with concrete, and it's very possible some of that is now capturing my conduit containing a 110 ft run of 4x AWG-6 = $$$. Just pulling the posts out now to locate may damage my conduit or wiring. !!!

. Trouble is now, I have about 50 feet of their fence directly on top of my electrical. Debating whether to make them move it
I would...I would have never fixed it..."move it boys!"

I would...I would have never fixed it..."move it boys!"
Yeah, I'd probably say the same, sitting here watching you deal with this. But when you're dealing with the guys out there digging in this bone-dry rocky clay, it's easier to consider just what that entails. Again, we could have easily caused damage to the much more expensive mains conduit and wiring, trying to pry the fence posts out of their existing holes.

During every step of the project, I was outside with each of the subs, working alongside them most of every day. Unfortunately, this is the one sub I mostly left alone to do their thing, since it was well-marked and they had a whole crew. There was also a language barrier, as at least around here, about half of all landscapers and people who swing a shovel for a living only speak Spanish. I've forgotten most of my high-school Spanish, and hardly thought this step of the project would be causing me much grief.

In any case, it's done. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. The whole cost of this fence isn't worth but a few days of work, I'm trying to not lose sleep over the small things in life.

Yeah, I'd probably say the same, sitting here watching you deal with this. But when you're dealing with the guys out there digging in this bone-dry rocky clay, it's easier to consider just what that entails. Again, we could have easily caused damage to the much more expensive mains conduit and wiring, trying to pry the fence posts out of their existing holes.

During every step of the project, I was outside with each of the subs, working alongside them most of every day. Unfortunately, this is the one sub I mostly left alone to do their thing, since it was well-marked and they had a whole crew. There was also a language barrier, as at least around here, about half of all landscapers and people who swing a shovel for a living only speak Spanish. I've forgotten most of my high-school Spanish, and hardly thought this step of the project would be causing me much grief.

In any case, it's done. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. The whole cost of this fence isn't worth but a few days of work, I'm trying to not lose sleep over the small things in life.
This is why I so very rarely hire someone to do work for me...and when I do I'm there the whole time (I'm sure some would call it micromanaging) but so many times I've been burnt! The devil in often in the details...that's the stuff that'll bite ya later on, invariably after any "warranty" period.

Reactions: fbelec