QF Contour feed motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector06

Dec 9, 2013
Maine
Hey,

We have a Quadrafire Contour and it is having trouble feeding. I have cleaned the auger assembly and it is free of debris. What is happening is the motor spins but makes a buzzing sound when trying to pull up the pellets. The fire will eventually go out if it actually starts. This is happening intermittently at first but often after a while. Often enough for the fire to go out. Could this be the motor? I am just looking for some input before I spend the $160.00 for a new one. I tried to find a used one on Ebay just to try with no luck. The part number is 812-4420.

Thanks!

Last edited:
After some internet searching I think I have found the problem. The motor seems to be reversing. What would the solution be to fix this?

Last edited:
I ordered the wire...hopefully this cures it. Well below freezing the next several days and we are running the Monitor now... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.