Quad. 1200i not shutting off.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EspoIto3

Jan 12, 2017
Ithaca NY
I recently notice my stove does not cool down and shut off before it restarts. Call light goes out starts shut down then a few mins later call light comes back on and it really starts. Blowers never shut off. I see a red light on in the control box. It isn't the call light.then it will go to green. It will shut down if I turn thermostat down below temp.

I didn't see the green light on after I cleaned the thermostat. So I unplugged stove and checked the fuse. It was good. Plugged back in and it started its cycle I notice 5 or 6 blue light flashes...

Sounds like you might have some issues with either the tstat, or tstat wires. If you have a manual, I would read up on what the lights mean. And your stove should only blink blue, once every 10 seconds for 60 seconds, when stove is plugged in. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from Quads website. And more info is needed if you have further issues. Like, does call light come on when stove doesn't start, Was there no power anywhere when stove didn't start. Stay in touch, and stay warm. kap

Sounds like you might have some issues with either the tstat, or tstat wires. If you have a manual, I would read up on what the lights mean. And your stove should only blink blue, once every 10 seconds for 60 seconds, when stove is plugged in. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from Quads website. And more info is needed if you have further issues. Like, does call light come on when stove doesn't start, Was there no power anywhere when stove didn't start. Stay in touch, and stay warm. kap
Called a quad. DEALER.. suggested I change snap disc 2 high limit.. I did and when plugged back in I got one red flash first then 7 blue... after the start cycle I turned tstat up..nothing.. tapped on tstat and turned up all the way. It called and started to drop pellets.. after burning 6 or 7 mins no blower fan.. I looked through rhs to see if it was spinning and noticed smoke in the control box red light of. In box too. Turned t stat down waited for flame out and blower off unplugged. Have a local stove Co coming Thursday. Quad dealer in my town closed and next closest one 55 miles away.. and they won't service it because I didn't buy it there.

Sounds like you problems are increasing. Hope local dealer helps you out. kap

So... turns out the board was bad. Installed a new ECONOMY CHOICE 3 speed #SRV7058-188... stove fired up did everything it was supposed to do.... I don't belive the switch on the new board is set correctly. Flame barely above the pot as well as less heat output. Blower fan sounds slower on high setting too. I unplugged unit and plugged back in I get one blue flashe per 10 seconds... on the set up paper they left with me lol there is no setting that corresponds with just one blue flash per 10 seconds. They one list settings for 2..3..6..and 7 flashes...stove is running just not peak

Thought you said you had a quad 1200I? It should have their 3 speed control box on setting 1, not an eco-choice control board. Mixing parts is something to avoid. Quad PN SRV7000-704. This board is for several quad stoves, just as eco choice's board is for different eco choice stoves. Good luck.

Reactions: kappel15
Ok....so today they put the Quadrafire board in. Fired up ran thru a cycle and shut down.. All was Great. Been home from work a few hours and the stove ran a few more heating cycles. After a shut down and all blowers had turned off for about 25 minutes and no lights on in the control box, the exhaust blower started to run.. I looked at control box, no call light. It ran for about 8 or ten minutes and then I tapped the T stat and the call light lit and started to drop pellets... Any suggestions? Should I run the stove or turn it off and call them back in a.m.? Thanks.

Time to call them back. And explain all that happens. kap