quad 3100i baffle plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlandon1963

Hearth Supporter
Mar 6, 2008
central Mo.
by the way great site, did a lot of research here when deciding which insert to get,my question is the manual for the quad 3100i suggests there is a way to clean the chimney without removing the baffle plate does anyone know anything about this?thanks in advance.also i am very happy to be burning wood :)

You can clean the chimney without removing it but if you're doing a thorough job at the end of the season removing it is the way to go. It doesn't take more than about 5 minutes to do and it's easy to reinstall.

thanks tmonter,i was a bit concerned that those allen screws would break trying to get them out,after being exposed to all that heat

Its amazing how those things hold up. The screws are actually SS and quite thick. I have worked on a units that have been run hard for 5 years and the things still come out without much of a fight. Be careful with the baffle, its one of those sturdy but fragile items. If you drop it or smack it on something you can break it in half easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.