Quad Castile Convection Blower Mount

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scagger

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2008
Central MA
Can anyone with a Quadrafire Castile insert tell me how their convection blower is mounted to the bottom plate of their stove? The reason I ask is because I recently did some maintenance on my Castile and was looking to quiet down my convection blower. I noticed that my blower sits on 2 studs with rubber grommets to help with vibration. However, the studs seem to be threaded but I don't have any nuts or washers holding it down. The studs are not really long enough to put a nut on anyways. It just seems odd to me that there is nothing holding the blower down. I'm just wondering if there were nuts on it at some point as I am not the original owner of this stove.

Can anyone with a Quadrafire Castile insert tell me how their convection blower is mounted to the bottom plate of their stove? The reason I ask is because I recently did some maintenance on my Castile and was looking to quiet down my convection blower. I noticed that my blower sits on 2 studs with rubber grommets to help with vibration. However, the studs seem to be threaded but I don't have any nuts or washers holding it down. The studs are not really long enough to put a nut on anyways. It just seems odd to me that there is nothing holding the blower down. I'm just wondering if there were nuts on it at some point as I am not the original owner of this stove.

If I remember right, the fan sits on a metal plate (which has the 4 rubber grommets in it), and then you tip the fan/plate into a slot towards the front of the stove and lower the back of the plate onto 4 posts, and there is fifth post near the back of the plate that is threaded inside, which lines up with a hole in the 5th post. Then there is just a thumb screw (and washer) that threads into that fifth post and holds the fan in place.

Here is a link to the manual and you can kind of see what I mean on page 27.

http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/7022_515.pdf

Yeah I don't have any place where I could attach a thumb screw like that parts view shows. The manual is for 2011+ models and I know my stove is much older, probably manufactured between 2001-2003.

Most threaded nuts were for shipping only. Usually the fan just sits on the studs. kap

Do you have any suggestions on how I might keep the convection fan from vibrating? It's fine when it first starts, but then after awhile, it begins vibrating against the stove cause all kinds of noises. I have a small piece of foam rubber that I wedged under one corner of the fan housing, but that only helps for a little while and I have to readjust the placement. Sooooo annoying.

They used to put a magnetic plate under them, that would help hold them in place, and there was a lip on stove side, that the fan plate slipped into