Quad owners? Santa Fe owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TWilk117

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2018
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Hey guys!

I am the proud new owner of a pellet stove!(Absolute43) I like it so much I’m considering getting another for in my den. Maybe a P43.

I really like the look of the Quadrafire Santa Fe. I think it is so cute! And I love the look of the burn pot. However there aren’t that many reviews or videos on them, and the reviews that there is are mostly negative, so I would like to hear from anyone that is a proud Quad owner.
Are they easy to clean and maintain?
Any big problems other than the sound of pellets falling into the pot?
Any regrets?

Thank you and have a blessed life.

I have a 22 year old Quadrafire contour. I have had it for roughly 5 or 6 years now. I love it, not a super high heat output, but is pretty efficient. The burn pot only needs cleaned maybe every 3 days running full blast, and it's super easy. Just let it cool down, pull the lever and the ash fals into the ash pan below!

Reactions: TWilk117
I live in Michigan. I've had a Santafe and its brother the castile since 2009. The castile is used every day during winter from 4 to 8 hours. The Santa fe is in the basement and not used very often. The inner workings are the same for both stoves. I have had Zero problems.

Replacing the gasket on my Santa Fe the gasket around the pellet pot. should I paint the interior of the stove while the pot is removed? Should I paint the outside of the pellet pot?

I see no reason to paint anything on the interior of a pellet stove
First fire it burns off so why waste the time effort and money?

I see no reason to paint anything on the interior of a pellet stove
First fire it burns off so why waste the time effort and money?
Agree, I use to paint the inside with header paint (2000 degree) and after a couple of burns it melts away. Not worth it.

Hey guys!

I am the proud new owner of a pellet stove!(Absolute43) I like it so much I’m considering getting another for in my den. Maybe a P43.

I really like the look of the Quadrafire Santa Fe. I think it is so cute! And I love the look of the burn pot. However there aren’t that many reviews or videos on them, and the reviews that there is are mostly negative, so I would like to hear from anyone that is a proud Quad owner.
Are they easy to clean and maintain?
Any big problems other than the sound of pellets falling into the pot?
Any regrets?

Thank you and have a blessed life.
I installed a Santa Fe a month ago, switching over from a 15 year old Quad wood stove. The Santa Fe is very easy to clean, very little ash or clinkers. It is startling how noisy it is, even on low the fans are as loud as someone talking next to you. My house isn’t well insulated and this stove struggles to keep us warm. That said, for heating a single room this stove looks great, I like the glass door. It’s easy to load a bag of pellets into it and is much cleaner than the wood stove.

Hello
I luv our Aladdins which are the father Quadrafires!! They were made by Aladdin Steel Products before HHT purchased them and Aladdin Hearth Products at their new address and Home and Hearth Technologies still make them!
Our 23 year old Aladdin Quadrafire Contour (Nickname The Pie Warmer)
Our 26 year old Aladdin Quadrafire "The Classic Bay" model CB1200
To prove my point, tell me any pellet stove with auto ignition that are older than these and are still running like brand new?
Also that these same models are so good they are still in production today?
Note: The Contour is now called the Santa Fe today.
See pics below

AladdinQuadrafireContour.jpg AladdinQuadrafireContour2.jpg AladdinQuadrafireContour3.jpg AladdinQuadrafireCB1200.jpg A7B5F0E0-7927-47D1-83AE-6C64B168EE77.jpeg 258D7781-7EE5-4F24-8E7E-9909EA550C52.jpeg

Last edited:
Loved my Santa Fe while I had it. Had to replace the fans a couple times when they started making noise, but other than that I put 5 tons a year through it for about 13 years.

100_0687.JPG 20220924_090427.jpg