Quadra fire 1200 exhaust fan will not shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackattac

Oct 5, 2008
WA
My pellet stove is about 10 yrs old. Plugged it in this year and the exhaust fan will not shut off. Also, when I started it there is a clicking sound coming from the control box after it heats up and it seems to feed continiusly.

Sounds like your control box is fried.

Parrot Head said:
Sounds like your control box is fried.

Agreed, I'd get on the horn with Quad ASAP and see if they have a replacement for one that old. I say ASAP because I understand they are having problems with one of their pellet lines out in the field and their customer service is so backed up they are only taking names and numbers right now with a promise to call back in a few days.

Since the CB 1200 s are still in production, the parts are available, and any worthwile dealer should have the control board in stock. All of their 3speed stoves use the same control board. It has a numbered dial on it to set it for the stove it is installed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.