Quadra-Fire Castile Insert - Burn Pot Overfill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, my manual is at 6 blinks but the green light comes on at 200 (or so it says). I guess I'll leave it at 6 blinks like the manual says, but very confusing. What does changing this setting actually do to the stove?
In some cases, it ups the feed rate by 10% by changing from say 4 to 5 but with all the changes in boxes I hesitate to say what it does because I have no idea. Mine runs fine on 6 and that's where it's staying. I'm sure it must have something to do with auger feed rates and maybe initial start up auger on time. I couldn't imagine what else it would change from stove to stove.

It changes the number of blue blinks. :)

I agree the setting most likely changes the the auger feed times, but I guess it could also change the thermocouple trigger temperatures (aka red/green), the startup time limits to reach those temperatures, and the H/M/L voltages to both blowers.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.