Quadra fire Castile won't light - replaced igniter - now 3 orange lights

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ktm_2000

Nov 20, 2020
Mass
Hi All,

I've had this Quadra fire castile stove for 10 years or so and have had pretty good luck with it, have had to replace the exhaust blower motor a couple of times but for the most part it has run well.

At the end of last season with 3 bags left it stopped lighting and multiple resets would just fill the burn pot with pellets. At the time the igniter would not get hot so I let it go until heating season came around again. I ordered a new igniter and replaced it, the wire on the old one had failed right as it attached to the heating element.

After replacing the igniter the stove comes on 4 flashes of blue, red heat light then 4 flashes of blue some feed of the auger but not much and then the series of 3 orange lights. I've read some posts here and they mention the vacuum pump so I disconnected that hose and blew some air through it. That hose is not clogged. but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I checked the vacuum switch and can hear it click if I put vacuum to the switch so I think that is working as expected.

I did try to start the stove with the vacuum hose disconnected and I could not feel it sucking on my finger tip so I'm not sure if that is the cause of my issues? I checked the exhaust pipe and it doesn't seem to be clogged, the pipe rides inside my chimney and the stove is mounted in front of old hearth and 4" liner is inside chimney there is a trap fitting and I opened and cleaned any gunk inside. I tried starting the stove while the trap was open and could feel a good amount of air flow.

suggestions to check? thermocouple? those snap discs?

Pull the combustion blower and clean it and the chamber it mounts into. Then clean out the pot and all openings in the pot. Check all gaskets to ensure they are tight.

Oh yeah the the amber lights are thermocouple problem.