Quadra fire control box or?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fishon256

Jan 11, 2020
Washington
Ok new to the site but have read alot of posts so here is what I have CB1200 fs been working fine in house for years moved it out to shop and replaced thermocouple due to amber light. Now starts up perfectly but will not continue to feed pellets, reset snapdisk #3 no help, the control box now only blinks blue for setting NO other lights Control box bad?

Do you have a thermostat on the stove?
Did you have a thermostat on the stove in the house?

If you removed the tstat you have to put a jumper wire in its place or the stove will not see a call for heat.

Make sure you have a thermostat in place, or a switch- the stove knows one of two things, you're calling for heat or not. The red call light needs to be on. You said you changed the thermocouple, its that thermocouple voltage back to the control board that gives it the signal to start feeding after startup. Green light on CB indicates 200 deg burnpot temp, red light 600 deg. Is the thermocouple out over the burnpot in its cover to the tip of the cover? Should hang over about 1 inch. On the 1200, red call light is on right side by heat level control. If no red call light on, no workie.

Reactions: kappel15
When you installed the new Themocouple, did you connect the red wire to the right side screw terminal and put the green ground wire over the red wire?

I too was wondering if tc hooked up right, but on a FS, doesn't it clip together only one way unlike the ins that you can hook up tc backwards? Thought on FS, it was easy to get polarity correct.

When you installed the new Themocouple, did you connect the red wire to the right side screw terminal and put the green ground wire over the red wire?
This is a red and yellow wired exactly like the old one I photograph everything before I remove it I do not have any lights from control box except the blue at startup
Your thinking of the short tc they use on sf and castile and older Mt v

Startup is noral until flae dies outmm,m

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 148
This is a red and yellow wired exactly like the old one I photograph everything before I remove it I do not have any lights from control box except the blue at startup
Startup is noral until flae dies outmm,m
That is correct except that Quadrafire put out a grounding kit to eliminate a noisy voltage signal so the Thermocouple would yield a cleaner voltage reading.
Pic 1 - OEM update paper
Pic 2 - my CB1200 with updated green ground wire

Attachments

• 61F1E012-B00C-4C82-8895-8FDC52F10C2B.jpeg
    61F1E012-B00C-4C82-8895-8FDC52F10C2B.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 54E5636B-7279-4C8C-B25C-6F067C8FA968.jpeg
    54E5636B-7279-4C8C-B25C-6F067C8FA968.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 157
So I made a ground jumper but still good startup NO lights or feed

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 138
Although I would try running it with the vacuum switch jumped 1st just to make 100% sure that it’s not dropping out of vacuum after it gets hot

Update*** Installed a new board, has new thermocouple and ground wire, startup is great but no lights other than the blinking blue, NO GREEN light or anything else. Im lost on this thing.

Tc touching the end of the cover and sticking in the pot 3/4-1 inch? Tc connection on the correct terminals?

Thank you all for the help. It turns out it was something ridiculously simple The new TC has wire insulation backwards from y old tc. Stove is working normal again

Glad to hear that its back to normal ;)