Thanks for your input. It's fun to interact with people who know more about shoes.How did that get broken? That shouldn't make any difference, it just opens into the heat exchanger back there, sparks normally are pulled in there.
I'm wondering if you really had sparks coming out of your heat exchanger tubes or if some dust came off your blower and faked you out in the lighting or something?
If you had sparks flying out... You'd have all the exhaust glasses/ smoke too. There's not a lot of ember's in a pellet stove compared to the mouth of smoke/ gasses. Your room would be filled with pellet stove exhaust immediately if it was venting ember's out the exchanger tubes.
What exactly did you see? Are you sure? And was there detectable smoke/ odor in the room with this event?
I think we all want to know if this is real what's going on because it could be a safety flaw that affects all of us.
But this doesn't seem possible based on the physics?
I've been using it for a long time, without sparks...
The sparks were continuous in the spring, just before I stopped using it.
They were like little bullets, coming right out of the exchanger tubes... straight out, as I was scared I was going to burn down my house !
They were very small, as I put a screen in front of the exchanger to hopefully stop them, but it didn't stop the little sparks at all. They came right through the screen, even when it was doubled.
Good point that something more than sparks might come out... but NO smoke odor... no smoke coming coming out, just intermittent little fast sparks. Interesting question.
A lot of embers are charging around, but pretty big ones, when it starts. ...not something tiny enough to go through a screen.
I wonder if something could heat up dust or something in the tube system that might get heated that much? ....doesn't seem possible, but who knows.
It broke because I had to drill out the old screws to get the back and sides out a long time ago. They were rusted in. But I can put something there that would block it... like the angle iron, if that was part of the problem.
Good point about the laws of physics, which I definitely agree with.
Hmmm.... sparks but no smoke...
Wow... keep thinking...