Quadra Fire Santa Fa Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet45

Feb 1, 2008
Sheboygan, Wi
I have a Santa Fa in our house. It seems to burn nice and hot on medium, would be better if the fan would run on high with the feed at medium. When the stove is on high it just seems to burn more pellets. Why would they tie the two together, and not let you adjust them indivudualy. Is there a kit or a way to wire them seperatly? Or is this all done on a circute board. The dealer I purchased it from has no experience and is new to selling them.

Brad

Burning more pellets will equal more BTU input/output, its physics, the pellets come in and the BTUs come out. More pellets = more BTU.

Check your feed rate slider in the hopper. If its not already, adjust it all the way down. They try running the unit on HI. I should burn less pellets and the fan will run full speed.

The quad seems to have one of the highest air to fuel ratio's of any stove I have seen. I had a santa fe, and from my observation it blew more hot air out the exhaust than the heat exchanger. I had an ok result closing down the slider in the hopper, but I suspect is the EPA rated the heat exchange efficiency it would be less than 50%, so at the max feed rate you will only get about <15,000btu out of it, with a max input of 30,000. The quad is nice in some other ways, but its heating power and efficiency are pretty limited.

The good news is if you ever decide to change it out they are desirable, I ebayed my 2 year old one for $1300.

Status
Not open for further replies.