Quadra Fire Santa Fe Hopper Switch Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heath Ohlin

Mar 7, 2022
Australia
Hello

First time poster, I have taken the auger apart to clean out some debris that built up over summer in Australia and I have started putting everything back together but I can not figure out where the hopper switch plugs back into. Everything else seems to be working fine, heater fires up and if I put pellets in the burn pot they ignite but it just doesn’t feed pellets and I assume because the hopper switch isn’t plugged in the stove thinks the lid is open and won’t feed.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to where I need to plug the hopper switch into

Grateful for any assistance

F751918C-6EBC-4482-BB9A-DBD9E1AC2895.jpeg

Should hook up with vac switch wires. kap

Reactions: Woodsy68
Hi kappel15, what do you mean by hook up with vac switch wires? I find myself in the same boat as the OP. The spade connectors on the end of the hopper switch wiring harness are disconnected and I cannot find where they connect to. Neither the owner's nor the installation manual are helpful in this regard. The stove is a QuadraFire Santa Fe Insert circa 2009. Are the connectors under the firebox or something? I don't see how they would connect to the vac switch wires.

One wire on the hopper switch goes to the Vac switch and the other to snap disc number 2
Harness diag on page 32 of the manual

Hi johneh, thank you for your reply. Currently, my stove has an orange wire and a red wire, which are bundled together, both connected to the vacuum switch. Per the wiring diagram, it seems like you are saying only the red wire should connect to the vacuum switch. So, disconnect the orange wire from the vacuum switch and then connect one of the wires from the Wiring Harness Hopper Switch (part # SRV414-1220) to the available spade on the vacuum switch. Then, the other connector on the Wiring Harness Hopper Switch gets connected to snap disk #2. A problem I'm having with this is, the white sleeve on the Wiring Harness prevents the two ends from separating sufficiently to reach both the vacuum switch and the snap disk #2. The sleeve allows only 3-4 inches of separation between the two connectors. Also, what then to do with the orange wire, which was previously connected to the vacuum switch, and what to do with the wire that must be disconnected from the #2 snap disk in order to allow the connector from the wiring harness hopper switch?

I appreciate your input. I inherited this stove (my first pellet stove) when I bought the house in the Fall and I've been trying to get it operational ever since. This morning it is -15 degrees Fahrenheit so the stove would be a welcome (second) heat source, if only I could figure it out!

Where is the other end of the orange wire connected?

There was no hopper door switch on a stove from 2009. I have an install/owner's manual attached. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• SANTAFEI- B1 Pellet Insert - Install-Owner's Manual.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
Hi Tjune54, the stove is from 2013. Some type of memory fail on my end.

johneh, I think the red wire comes from the junction box to the vacuum switch. Then the hopper lid wire is connected to the other spade on the vacuum switch and also to the orange wire, which connects on its other end to the#2 snap disk. This way the vacuum switch, hopper switch, and #2 snap disk are all on the circuit. Does that seem correct? I have attached a picture for reference.

Thank you all for your assistance. This forum is the most helpful stove maintenance/repair resource I have found!

Terry

stove_wireconnections.jpg stove_serialnumber.jpg

Then the white wire from the hopper switch and the red wire (or whatever colour)
from snap disc #2 would go to the auger motor is this correct?
The wiring diag showed it from the vac switch to the hopper switch
to the snap disc and then to the auger motor. That way everything in that
the circuit would have to be good in order for the auger to work
The way it is wired now the hopper switch could be bad and the snap disc is
good then the auger would work . Or the snap disc could be bad and the hopper switch is good
the auger would work.
That's about as clear as mud I hope it makes sense to you

The Wire in the picture will plug into a female plug that should be in the white casing holding the two wires in your picture. I have attached a manual that relates to your stove's date(Pre- July2014).

Attachments

• Santa Fe-MBK - Install-Owner's Manual - (Pre July 2014).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 228