Quadrafire 1200 won't do ANYTHING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Roadjunkie

Dec 27, 2016
Colorado
OK: Brand new Quadrafire 1200 insert. Have been working days to get it installed. Had everything hooked up and ready to go. Slid it into place. Put pellets in the hopper. Plugged it in like the instructions said. The control box flashed BLUE with a steady RED light but NO BLOWER. The BLUE continued to flash and then the ORANGE light started flashing 3 times. No red light. No blower, auger, nothing. Opened up the auger motor and pushed the reset on the snapdisk 3 and felt no reset click. All wires are connected and tight. Jumping the thermostat connections did nothing. Except for the ORANGE flashing light, I have a large, nice-looking boat anchor. Any ideas?? Frustrating, to say the least. And cold weather is coming......... Oh: fuse is fine. It is getting power or the control box wouldn't light up..... GRRRrrrr....

Last edited:
I am assuming the red call light came on in the junction box ? Check your thermocouple wires. Usually those lights mean something is up with it. Also, unplug stove, and make sure control box is seated properly. Sometimes they can work loose in transit, or messing with stove. Also try jumping wires to #3 snap disc to see if it has a problem. And since it is brand new, I would be calling the dealer to check it out. It is under warranty. kap

Reactions: Roadjunkie
OK: so I'm up before I go to work and HAVE to figure this one out. I look at ALL the connections. Thinking the control box is a plug-in unit, I look to see if it is easily removed. It is sitting at an angle, the first 3-4 connections in the plug and the rest hanging out. Pull it out to make sure the terminals are clean, stuff it back in and YES: it works. SO: you were right, Kappel: the control box is easily jostled out of position. I also did all the other things you suggested even before my post. Now it is running just fine and REALLY puts out the HEAT, even on the lowest setting! Very happy, now that it is properly running! Thanks........... Oh: the orange feed light did not go on. That was one of the hints that something was up. And no fans came on......

Glad you was able to figure it out by yourself! And remember to always unplug stove before removing or installing a control box, or you run the risk of toasting it. Read that manual front to back. It will help you know your stove. Stay warm. kap

Reactions: Roadjunkie
Yeah, good source of information but everything isn't in there. Like how to clean out the ash bin in the fire box. U-Tube is a great resource. I read the manual front to back multiple times just to get things right. Love the stove.........

True, it does leave a lot to be desired, but it is a start. Lots of info on this forum also. One tip i will give you is take the bolts out of the firepot and put some high temp anti-seize grease on em. Will save alot of headaches down the road when they will need to be removed.Stay warm. kap