Quadrafire 1200i trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

prkr6pk

Nov 22, 2020
Ohio
My stove was running fine until I put a new bag in yesterday. It will feed pellets and the fire will start with no issue. Once the fire starts though it stops feeding pellets to keep the fire going.

I have thoroughly cleaned out everything to the outside. It didn't seem to help. I cannot figure out what the issue is.

Thermocouple needs to stick over the edge of the pot by an inch and touching the inside end of the cover. Try throw in a handful of pellets and start it up. Pellets just might be diff enough its not reaching temps it needs to continue from start up to run modes

Thermocouple needs to stick over the edge of the pot by an inch and touching the inside end of the cover. Try throw in a handful of pellets and start it up. Pellets just might be diff enough its not reaching temps it needs to continue from start up to run modes

Thermocouple is in correct position. I have no issue getting fire to start. Once it starts though the stove stops feeding pellets and fire goes out. The stove will then feed again, fire will start, stove stops feeding, fire goes out. I've checked the snapdiscs and the vacuum switch. All seem good.

Ok do you have a clear or grey control box? Any lights flashing in it

Ok as the stove starts it feeds enough to get the thermocouple hot (200::F) and the green light should illuminate. That tells the control box it has a fire and to continue with the start up sequence. As the fire builds and the thermocouple reaches (600::F) it goes into run mode and shuts down the igniter. So to test this TC put a hand full of pellets in the pot then hit reset and see if the stove gets hot enough to go into run mode. let us know what happens.

Hey, you think you might be able to do me a favor. I am having the same issue and I was told by a chimney sweep company the thermocouple is bad. The guys took everything apart and left it that way and I have no idea where to connect the wires for the new thermocouple. Would you be able to post a photo of where your wires connect? That would help me immensely!

As you face the stove, open the top rt side panel look for 2 screws on the front Of the box the high low switches are in.

4C1D84AC-9C68-4E39-A3D0-7CACEE300729.jpeg