Quadrafire Castile FS how to replace this snap disc?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

unioncreek

Oct 9, 2019
southeastern Washington
I have a 2007 Quadrafire Castile FS pellet stove. I believe the snap disc that prevents overheating of the stove is getting bad. I have attached a pict of where the wires (white wires under the hose and red connectors) for the snap disc goes into the stove Do you need to take the stove apart somehow to get that snap disc out? The snap disc is not visible at all.

Bob

Castile Snap Disc.jpg

I have the insert model, so i am unable to help you. Hopefully someone with one will chime in shortly.

I've seen that manual, there are a number of variations to it, with the #2 snap disc in different locations. The #2 snap disc on mine is not set up like that. The wires on mine run into the stove just below the #3 snap disc. None of the manuals show the way mine is set up. I emailed Quadrafire l, but haven't heard back. Usually when they respond they give you the contact info for a repairman.

Bob