Quadrafire CB 1200 feeder problem??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryno81

Dec 22, 2013
Iowa
Hey guys, my CB 1200 stove stopped working recently and I am really hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice. It has stopped feeding pellets. I replaced the feed motor with a new one, but that didn't change anything. It is almost like whatever tells the motor to activate isn't sending the signal to it. Could that be a snap disc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Hi and welcome. What troubleshooting steps did you take prior to arriving at the decision to replace the auger motor? Please describe the symptoms for everyone so we can help you better.
When you plug the stove in, what lights flash on the control box? Does it feed any pellets? Does the exhaust fan come on? Is the trap door closed completely on the bottom of the burn pot? Have you blown out the tube that goes from the vacuum switch to the drop chute (always blow AWAY from the vacuum switch)? Have you cleaned out the exhaust path?

I just assumed that the feed motor would be the first place to start when the problem started so I pulled the motor out and had a local electrical shop test it. They told me they were 99% sure the motor was bad so I just ordered a new one, but that hasn't fixed the problem. The red light is on on the control box, exhaust fan runs normally just no pellet feeding. If I put a handfull of pellets in the pot by hand the stove will ignite and burn those but goes out as soon as they are gone. Seems like the feed motor just isn't getting power. Would that be snap disc #2?? I checked all the electrical connections and everything seems clean and tight. I also made sure the vacuum line was clean. This is the first pellet stove Ive dealt with so im not sure how to test the switch itself or the snap discs

Status
Not open for further replies.