Quadrafire cb 1200i Help Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mark86

Jan 27, 2017
NW PA
I have a cb 1200i and I recently had to put a new control board in it. My issue is, when I turn the thermostat on the stove will light and only stay running for maybe 20 minutes or so. I do have the board set to the proper setting, I have cleaned the stove, and checked vacuum tube for blockage. I have also checked the cover on the thermocouple. Any ideas on what I should do next?

Have you made sure the feed rate is right? Have you checked to see if the auger is turning backwards, meaning the capacitor is bad? Is thermocouple sticking in pot far enough? 3/4 to 1". Have you tested the thermocouple to make sure it is good? Does it stop feeding totally, or is there some blockage in auger tube, or drop tube? You can use a mirror and flashlight to look up drop tube for any obstruction. Does the convection fan come on, or is it shutting down cause it gets too hot? kap

I have checked the thermocouple and it is good. It is sticking into the pot about 2". I have noticed the auger does spin in reverse every now and then. I vacuumed out the hopper and everything seems clear and free. Do you think its the auger motor if it spins in reverse every now and then?

It is the capacitor on the auger wire harness, You should be able to go on line and find a capacitor jumper. They are usually around 14.00. If there are any around. If not, I have some. They quit making them, so now you have to buy a whole new auger motor to fix it. kap

I just checked online, and some places still sell em. kap

I suppose if you know what you are doing, and what capacitor it needs. The one you buy just hooks into place in the wire harness. Look at one anywhere some co. is selling Quad parts..kap

Looks like this. $13 plus delivery...If kap has one to sell it is worth getting. IMO.

Attachments

• Capacitor.JPG
    Capacitor.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 105