Quadrafire Cb1200 trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheKidShane

Oct 18, 2022
Wv
Hello im new to this forum i am currently having issuses with my older Quadrafire CB1200 freestanding so far my stove will turn on with thermostat feed and ignite but my convection fan will not work have changed the #1 disc 3x with new ones rated at 145 still nothing. If i jump the 2 purple wires it will instantly turn on or if i install the spare disc for the Auger i have it will kick the fan on im at a loss. Thank you for your time

From what I can interrupt, you have ruled out defective convection fan (maybe). Not sure what the snap disk and auger connection has to do with it. I get replacing the convection fan snap disks but they rarely go bad. I have to assume you have completely cleaned your stove to rule out ash blocking the heat getting to the snap disk. Don't laugh, it has happen to me that right where the snap disk is located, there was ash I could not get at it, therefore not allowing the stove to trigger the snap disk. The next thing I would do is, unplug the stove (repeat unplug the stove), reseat the control board. Sometimes after years of use they fail to make good contact and give these flakey results. After that, I would pull the fan and do a bench test to make sure it is not on its way out. Start there and let us know how you make out.

From what I can interrupt, you have ruled out defective convection fan (maybe). Not sure what the snap disk and auger connection has to do with it. I get replacing the convection fan snap disks but they rarely go bad. I have to assume you have completely cleaned your stove to rule out ash blocking the heat getting to the snap disk. Don't laugh, it has happen to me that right where the snap disk is located, there was ash I could not get at it, therefore not allowing the stove to trigger the snap disk. The next thing I would do is, unplug the stove (repeat unplug the stove), reseat the control board. Sometimes after years of use they fail to make good contact and give these flakey results. After that, I would pull the fan and do a bench test to make sure it is not on its way out. Start there and let us know how you make out.
I was saying if I put the auger disk #3 in the spot #1 or if I jump #1 wires together fan comes on I have reseated the control board and cleaned stove but I will double check for ash again thank you for the fast reply

everything was cleaned out and motor tested fine i am going to try a 100 degree disk #1 im unsure what else to try

Are you sure that the snap disc is snug up against the burn chamber housing? It is possible that a loose fit would not allow the snap disc to see the correct temperature to operate as it should. If I remember correctly, as the temperature rises, the snap disc closes when the rated temperature is reached, thus turning on the convection fan and the opposite as the temperature drops