Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 inconsistent pellet feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TeamHoltman

Nov 18, 2023
Oregon
Hello. We have a Classic Bay 1200. We are having a problem with the stove not heating consistently. It runs for awhile, then stops and won’t heat to the set thermostat temp.
We have replaced many parts:
Vacuum Switch
Control Board
Thermocouple
Auger Motor
Ignitor
Exhaust Pipes
Fully cleaned

We can’t figure out what else to do. It’s burning clean. It works perfect for a day or so, We are baffled. Could it be the Thermostat slowly giving out?

How long have you had the stove?

then stops and won’t heat to the set thermostat temp

Please explain what is happening. Is the stove running and just not heating up to the set thermostat temperature, is it not restarting, etc? Which thermostat do you have?

It stops feeding pellets. It happens randomly. It will work for days straight, then stop. No pellets=no heat. We have the QuadraFire Thermostat that came with the stove when purchased. This is the 7th Winter using the stove…we bought brand new

How do you get the stove working again?

I see you replaced the auger motor, did you clean out all of the pellets from the hopper and the auger tube? Did you pull out the auger?

Have you tried a different brand of pellets? Sometimes the pellets can be on the long side and cause feeding issues.

How do you get the stove working again?

I see you replaced the auger motor, did you clean out all of the pellets from the hopper and the auger tube? Did you pull out the auger?

Have you tried a different brand of pellets? Sometimes the pellets can be on the long side and cause feeding issues.
Yes, we pulled out the Auger. We have become well acquainted with it 🤪. We use PackSaddle Pellets, a very good quality.
When I press the restart button, the pellets feed again. As I think about it more, it seems to be when the stove has cooled down. When I turn the Thermostat up, I hear it click, the call light is on…but I have to start the reset button to get the pellets going~then it runs for awhile, at least until it gets to Thermostat setting. The one thing that we have not replaced is the Snapdisk I believe #2 Snapdisk would be the one needed to be replaced. Would this be the cause to this? We are so baffled. We have literally been doing ALL of the troubleshooting for feeding issues.

It doesn't sound like a thermostat problem.

Are any lights on the control board before pressing the reset button?

Try opening up your feed adjustment plate a little bit. It sounds like it is not feeding enough pellets to start all of the time.

It doesn't sound like a thermostat problem.

Are any lights on the control board before pressing the reset button?

Try opening up your feed adjustment plate a little bit. It sounds like it is not feeding enough pellets to start all of the time.
The lights on the control box do light green then red. The auger doesn’t move during that time That I described.

Last edited:
Did you set the dials on the control box for your stove when you installed it?

It will work for days straight, then stop. No pellets=no heat.
Are there any lights on the control box at this time, before you press the reset button?

Did you set the dials on the control box for your stove when you installed it?

Are there any lights on the control box at this time, before you press the reset button?
Yes, dial on control box is set correctly. My Husband said it’s been running properly for a few hours. I will have to verify if any control lights are on next time it stops. I will post of any changes when I know. Thank you.