Quadrafire insert pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pete S

Jan 16, 2018
Pennsylvania
When pellet stove is first plugged in, it turns off and on even though the orange call light if off and thermostat is lowered to 50*. I left it on for over an hour thinking it was cycling but nothing. Turned up the thermostat and orange call light come on, but the fan keeps turning off and then back on. Cleaned every thing that could be cleaned (blower, vacuum hose etc.) in the stove and same results. Any ideas?

It would be helpful to know what stove you have
edit: oops I didn't see stove type in title. but a model would still be good

Last edited:
If you unplug the stove and plug it back in, it does a reset so to speak. Combustion blower will start up for a few seconds and then shut off. That is normal. The red light is the call light it comes on when there is a call for heat. It should feed pellets and ignite in about 8 min as the fire gets going you should get a green light which means the thermocouple is at 200::F it will feed some more pellets as the fire starts enveloping the thermocouple cover above the pot.the red light should come on and the thermocouple has reached 600::F. Now the convection blower comes on and the stove switches over from start up to run mode. if you have an orange light there is an issue with your thermocouple.

Last edited:
If you unplug the stove and plug it back in, it does a reset so to speak. Combustion blower will start up for a few seconds and then shut off. That is normal. The red light is the call light it comes on when there is a call for heat. It should feed pellets and ignite in about 8 min as the fire gets going you should get a green light which means the thermocouple is at 200::F it with feed some more pellets as the fire starts enveloping the cover above the pot tge red light should come on and the thermocouple has reached 600::F. Now the convection blower comes on and the stove switches over from start up to run mode. if you have an orange light there is an issue with your thermocouple.

blower starts then turns off, then starts again and turns off repeatedly. It never gets to the point of dropping pellets even when the call light is on. Yes I am sure I cleaned it good.

Sounds like a bad control box. Try unplugging stove, remove control box and then reseat it. Plug stove back in.kap

Sounds like a bad control box. Try unplugging stove, remove control box and then reseat it. Plug stove back in.kap

OK will try to do. Still at work, will let you know. Thanks for the help. I really hope its not the control box, its only 5 yrs old with low hours running.

Sounds like a control box, I'm with kap. Control boxes can last for years, or months being an electronic device. If you can, try and have it checked out at your local quad dealer, a lot of them will swap it out into a burn unit at their store. Good luck with it.

Reactions: kappel15
Sounds like a control box, I'm with kap. Control boxes can last for years, or months being an electronic device. If you can, try and have it checked out at your local quad dealer, a lot of them will swap it out into a burn unit at their store. Good luck with it.

Hey guys I got it going! Did another cleaning and reset the control box and it works! Thx for your help. Have a good new year!

Glad you are up and running. Just remember to always unplug stove before removing or installing a control box, or you run the risk of toasting it. Stay warm. kap