QuadraFire Mount Vernon-NonAE gets too hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lax1guy1

Apr 7, 2024
NH
I have a QuadraFire Mount Vernon NonAE pellet stove. It was working great until one day it stopped feeding pellets. Traced problem back to F2 fuse on control board (no continuity through F2 fuse). I ordered a new fuse and soldered it in. Now auger works and it feeds pellets.
The problem is it feeds itself too many pellets. Blue light on control board comes on then changes to red once fire pot gets hot. Auger just seems to continuously feed pellets at an unchanged rate... the stove gets WAY too hot. High hot flames, burn pot will get glowing red if I let it burn too long. I am unsure what controls feed rate once stove gets to temperature, unsure if if repair to F2 fuse changed something... no amber light on control board indicating TC issue...
Any advice/information appreciated

Last edited:
If I understand you, you're saying it feeds pellets continuously- if so, usually its the control board. Suppose you have the 4 speed control board, I have seen this problem a few times with the 3 speed Classic Bay boards. Your 4 speed board is quite expensive too.

If I understand you, you're saying it feeds pellets continuously- if so, usually its the control board. Suppose you have the 4 speed control board, I have seen this problem a few times with the 3 speed Classic Bay boards. Your 4 speed board is quite expensive too.
yes, it feeds continuously...and yes, it is the 4 speed control board... I can see the light on the control board change from blue to red with no "amber" light, so I believe that the thermocoupler is working correctly, how ever the stove continues to feed itself pellets continuously at an unchanged rate once the control board is showing a red light...
As I posted the original issue was a no feed situation and the F2 soldered fuse on the control board was the issue. I soldered in a new F2 fuse and now I have a continuous feed issue...

something caused that fuse to blow, time to trace back all the wires and see if their is a issue somewhere..

Looks like a timing triac for turning the auger on and off has went bad. Prob need a new board, unfortunately.