Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE issue w igniter's burning out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

katedrea

Nov 1, 2021
Hartsville, tn
I have a 2008 Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE wood pellet stove which is giving me trouble. in the last few years igniters have been an issue as well as the vacuum sensor but overall it has run pretty well. However, last year I had to replace the board and the vacuum sensor and I burned out 4 igniters (burnt holes in side of them) and have had to replace the fuse each time as well. Any idea what could be causing this issue and what the proper steps would be to repair? Obviously, replacing igniters and fuses constantly indicates there is a deeper issue that needs resolution.

Sounds like a short somewhere. And when you install the igniters, are you hanging the wires up in the slot, to keep them away from the auto -clean, so they don't get rubbed and short out ? And are you sure they are Quad oem igniters? Some of the after market are not up to par. kap