Quadrafire Santafe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Posvibe

Aug 19, 2019
Kentucky wood
Hello all, I need a little help. I picked up a Santafe basket case. Been going through it and noticed that the auger motor has 2white wires in pin one, two black wire in pin two, pin three empty, and pin four has one black wire and one red wire. Now on the other side (stove harness) I have two white wires on pin one, and two black wires on pin two, and pin three and four are empty. So what's with pin four. Also snap disk 2 has no wires to it. The manual says it should have two orange wires. I could only find one orange wire and a black wire that where cut. Are these theirs to snap disk 2. Any help would be great

Attachments

• 20200213_164857.jpg
    20200213_164857.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200213_164832.jpg
    20200213_164832.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200213_164848.jpg
    20200213_164848.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 110
The auger motor and plug are normal the yellow capacitor that is in the plug makes the necessary connection for the motor to run in one direction ( they are reversable). Here is a diagram from a 2005 sante fe. I don’t see 2 orange anywhere in the diagram but they could have changed the color as they went from component to component. Black is normally line voltage white is neutral green ground.

91DDE885-38D6-486E-BA12-4B079579D7B9.png

Reactions: Posvibe
I was trying to find the leads for the #2 snap disk. It was not connected and the only leads was the black and orange that had been cut. So I started surfing and found references to , #1 snap disk two purple wires (which it has), #2 snap disk two orange wires (which it had no wires) ,and #3 snap disk two grey wires (which it has). The person I bought it from was selling for parts. But only part out was the control board. He said it was running and he cleaned it and it then kept blowing fuses. So he swapped out the control board. I opened the control board and found to burnt resistors and a blown fuse. Will repair that and hope for the best. I know the burnt resistors means something is not right. So I started tracking wires and found. #2 snap disk no wires , convection blower not connected and a orange and black wire ends cut off. I have checked snap disk#1 bad, snap disk #2 bad , snap disk#3 ok. Thermocouple functions, haven't checked vacuum switch yet. Basically I have been wires and anything that would cause a short to blow fuses.

If you go by the scematic and follow the wires from the junction box(tin box in your pic) replace your bad parts. You’ll get it going. And they are a good lil stove

Reactions: Posvibe