Quest Heat Exchange Scraper Rod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richmcg

Aug 28, 2013
Riverview N.B.
My scraper rod will not thread into my scraper it passes rite through it. How do I reattach it ? Do I re-thread the rod. I,m stuck Help! Serial Number WH-Q16426

Get a nut and thread it on the "front" of the rod as far down as you can get it, the put scraper rod back into the scooter panel and put another nut in the other side and tighten it down. That will hold it in places and let you scrape.

Get a nut and thread it on the "front" of the rod as far down as you can get it, the put scraper rod back into the scooter panel and put another nut in the other side and tighten it down. That will hold it in places and let you scrape.

Sean thanks for the suggestion but my stove is a Quest WP4 and scraper is not accessible for this solution.

So your saying the scraper hole is too big for the rod?, you cant see the rod if you open the door and look up?stripped out?, Sometimes i forget to scrape mine for weeks, it really doesnt do much for heat ouput, you might have to use a brush and hand scrape with your weekly cleaning.
It isnt the end of the world, you might have to find a rod slighlty larger with a self tapping type thread

Status
Not open for further replies.