Question About Lilyver Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Dude

Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
Hello. I'm collecting stuff for a future cabin. I've been looking for a wood stove & came across this Lilyvra. Isn't there suppose to be that clear material (Can't remember what it's called) filling in all the openings that are created by the floral design? Would it be hard/expensive to restore this unit. I like the look of this stove a lot. I know these are dumb questions, but I'm new to these things. Thank you.
. 00g0g_bHWkTbIDNbT_600x450.jpg 00w0w_2aRtjvuzOnC_600x450.jpg 0new.jpg

The Lilyver is a French stove by Deville & Cie of Charleville. Typically mica (isenglass) was used before ceramic glass was invented for stoves. The lid gaps and stove body gaps are likely cosmetic. If you shine a light inside does it show through the gaps? The door however looks like it needs the mica glass.

Here's a fine example of a restored Lilyver:
http://www.stovehunters.com/stoves-for-sale/deville-lilyver-825/front.html

Last edited:
The Lilyver is a French stove by Deville & Cie of Charleville. Typically mica (isenglass) was used before ceramic glass was invented for stoves. The lid gaps and stove body gaps are likely cosmetic. If you shine a light inside does it show through the gaps? The door however looks like it needs the mica glass.

Here's a fine example of a restored Lilyver:
http://www.stovehunters.com/stoves-for-sale/deville-lilyver-825/front.html
Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked at it yet. After looking at that restored one, I see that this unit is missing some parts. I'm going to keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.