Questions on Fisher Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt12

Dec 30, 2013
Springfield, OH
Hello.

Have a few questions I'm hoping ya'll can help me with.

Looking to purchase a Fisher Stove, have been looking at the pre 1980s models, but they've been hard to come by in our area lately. I've tried to familiarize myself as best as possible with them, but there is just so much information.

I've found this stove, what I think is a Grandpa. It says it has fire rope installed. From what I've read about the older ones there was no gasket seal or fire rope. Is this true with this model as well? Also what should I be looking for as far as it being in good condition? We're moving in a few weeks and hoping to get one installed in our new home immediately, to help with heating cost.

We run a regency i2400 now as the sole form of heat in a 1200 sq foot home. New home is just over 2500sq ft, and hoping to primarily heat/supplement the propane heater with it. Do you think this would work?

Thanks for any information you have!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 292
That's a Series IV Grandpa. (looks like it has 6 bricks across back - Grandma will only have 5) All glass doors use gasket material. The stoves with no gasket use a steel channel iron around door opening to make contact with door. Stove Bright Metallic Brown. Sharp stove.

GM IV Scott Ohio 9.jpg

Heating area up to 2250 square feet. A blower can be hung on the shield at the bottom that blows up the back and forward across the top.

Did you buy the stove? I seen it in Flatrock. The guy selling it was kinda a jerk. But it is a nice stove. Give us an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.