Quick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQmedic121

Feb 20, 2008
Johnsonville NY
I have a Englander 25 pdvc and What are the three buttons on the bottom of the control panel for and what should they be set at, I noticed that if you hold the button, you can scroll through the numbers. What is good settings or is it Dependent on different things. Thanks.

ResQmedic121 said:
I have a Englander 25 pdvc and What are the three buttons on the bottom of the control panel for and what should they be set at, I noticed that if you hold the button, you can scroll through the numbers. What is good settings or is it Dependent on different things. Thanks.

the settings are preset at the factory and should not be adjusted without consulting ESW customer service , please call the service department at 800-245-6489 in order to get correct settings if you have changed them , or pM me your stove model amd manufacture date and i will reply with the proper settings

I have a 2004 Englander 25 PDVC I think someone played with the bottom numbers. Can you please tell me what the bottom should be set at? Thank you

Why do they put buttons on there, if you can't play with them????????????
Putting buttons on stuff that you have to call the factory for is STUPID
Excuse me, BUT, why are theythere, if not for the use of the end user.
WARNING: ALL THESE BUTTONS WILL AFFECT THE OPERATION OF YOUR STOVE!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yOUR WARRANTY WILL BECOME NULL AND VOID!!!!!!!!!
WE WILL SEND YOU TO PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hossthehermit said:

hey hoss, take a chill pill, will ya?

The factory supplied setting will work fine for most users, but there are always "variations" that may need some fine tuning. That's when you call the techs and they give you something to try based on your stove set-up.

I guess you'd rather get a stove that has NO adjustability at all. Then you would yell about that.

Besides, you don't have an Englander stove....why do you care????

macman said:
hoss said:

The factory supplied setting will work fine for most users, but there are always "variations" that may need some fine tuning. That's when you call the techs and they give you something to try based on your stove set-up.

I guess you'd rather get a stove that has NO adjustability at all. Then you would yell about that.

Besides, you don't have an Englander stove....why do you care????

We are all jealous, We wanna push buttons too!

macman said:
hossthehermit said:

Besides, you don't have an Englander stove....why do you care????[/quot

macman, you are right on one point, I don't have an Englander. I'll end this conversation there.

What is almost a certainty is that nearly all Englander users will have played with these buttons at one time or another regardless of any warnings . I mean they are right there and anyone with a sense of curiosity is gonna screw with them at some point for many reasons.
And ultimately these same users will almost always end up asking what those 3 buttons do. I`ve questioned why those buttons are such a mystery myself since my neghbor bought his 25 PDV 1.5 yrs ago and now that I personally own a PDVC. I think the end user should be informed why they are there , what they do , how they interact with other stove parameters , and exactly what are the ramifications of improper adjustment of these 3 buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.