Radiance RNV40 B-vent, burner assembly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Canonpdx

Feb 27, 2023
Oregon
I keep finding that the "official" part is discontinued. Anyone have any luck making something work?

I just finished replacing the gas valve, had to fab a bit there (thanks to this forums help). It was and still is starting with pretty big poof as the flame catches across. Otherwise seems good.

Generally speaking, a delayed ignition is caused by an alignment issue between the burner orifice & the burner. This primarily occurs when burning LP. If the gas flow is not directed to the middle of the burner, the fuel will spill out of the air shutter & “puddle” in the base of the firebox. Once that “puddle “ gets deep enough & the fuel reaches the pilot flame, it will ignite.

i have a radiance, and use propane, and can attest to the occasional "explosion" that occurs during light up!

I keep finding that the "official" part is discontinued. Anyone have any luck making something work?

I just finished replacing the gas valve, had to fab a bit there (thanks to this forums help). It was and still is starting with pretty big poof as the flame catches across. Otherwise seems good.
which model do you have? mine is a 2600.