Ravelli Roma Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zazzie

Oct 27, 2019
Edmonds, WA, USA
Hello!

So the burn pot to my Roma managed to get a pretty nice crack in it (its about to break into 2). I'm waiting for the dealership to get back to me about getting a new one...but I've already had a BUNCH of issues with the dealership so I'm just trying to find one since we're about get some really cold weather the next few weeks.... any suggestions on where to find one?...or even the part # for it? (and why it cracked so quickly! I've only had the stove since October'19....)

Thanks!

The burn pot in my Roma failed (badly) after owning the stove for only 1.5 years. I brought the pot to the shop where I bought the stove from and they replaced it under warranty. They agreed it should not have cracked, broken and deformed like it did. I told them I was worried about not knowing the root cause since it will happen again if it's not addressed.

I have been having problems with poor burning and had one of their service guys out again last week to "tune" it. It seemed fine in the first few days, but it has since gone back to running the way it was before. The burn pot fills quickly and the pellets don't burn thoroughly, so I end up with a pot of clunkers and a huge lazy flame after only 15-20 hours of run time after a complete cleaning. The pictures show the old burn pot damage, the black sooty lazy fire, and the burn pot before I cleaned it.

When the stove was new, I could run it for about 5 days before I had to clean it. Now, I'm really worried about a hopper fire. With the stove still under its 2 year warranty, I'm going to press these guys to FIX it once and for all. Since it doesn't get used for half the year, I'll be out of warranty by the time we fire it up next season.

I would go hard to get your burn pot replaced under warranty!

Attachments

• C675F08E-21A7-4A70-A642-37BE2972727E.jpeg
    C675F08E-21A7-4A70-A642-37BE2972727E.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 121
  • AC9B6B94-ADBC-4F75-BD40-A28B3C5B6DE7.jpeg
    AC9B6B94-ADBC-4F75-BD40-A28B3C5B6DE7.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 115
  • C7E43852-3267-43A5-A6C7-35B263EB79BA.jpeg
    C7E43852-3267-43A5-A6C7-35B263EB79BA.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 97
Looks to me that your stove is not getting enough air to burn clean
try doing a deep clean. as to the burn, pot keep the holes clean
why it is cracking no idea

Reactions: Ssyko
Looks to me that your stove is not getting enough air to burn clean
try doing a deep clean. as to the burn, pot keep the holes clean
why it is cracking no idea

Yeah, I've done all that. I've cleaned the heck out of it, then even paid the stove shop tech to come out to clean, service (if necessary) and to run through the locked settings. I've been using the same brand pellets since I purchased it from them and the shop said these are good quality pellets (LaCrete). I finished up my original 2 ton and then purchased another ton, which is what I'm burning now.

I agree, it seems as though there is an air restriction, but neither I nor the service tech can find it. I'm totally reliant on them getting the settings right since customers don't have access to the tech codes. I'm going to be pushing the retailer hard to figure this out before I run out of warranty.

Clean the Stove pipe?

Reactions: SidecarFlip
I was about to ask that, again you beat me to it.... :p

Reactions: Ssyko
The burn pot in my Roma failed (badly) after owning the stove for only 1.5 years. I brought the pot to the shop where I bought the stove from and they replaced it under warranty. They agreed it should not have cracked, broken and deformed like it did. I told them I was worried about not knowing the root cause since it will happen again if it's not addressed.

I have been having problems with poor burning and had one of their service guys out again last week to "tune" it. It seemed fine in the first few days, but it has since gone back to running the way it was before. The burn pot fills quickly and the pellets don't burn thoroughly, so I end up with a pot of clunkers and a huge lazy flame after only 15-20 hours of run time after a complete cleaning. The pictures show the old burn pot damage, the black sooty lazy fire, and the burn pot before I cleaned it.

When the stove was new, I could run it for about 5 days before I had to clean it. Now, I'm really worried about a hopper fire. With the stove still under its 2 year warranty, I'm going to press these guys to FIX it once and for all. Since it doesn't get used for half the year, I'll be out of warranty by the time we fire it up next season.

I would go hard to get your burn pot replaced under warranty!
That burn pot puts me in mind of an Eggo Toaster Waffle...... :p

We got a Ravelli Roma insert 3 years ago. Unfortunately our burn pot keeps cracking. The first one lasted 5 months. We bought another one that lasted 3 months. The dealer made me pay for these, should they have been covered under warranty? The next 2 only lasted 2 months. The dealer came and changed the settings on our stove to no avail. The pellets we use (Northern Warmth) don't leave a sticky residue or much ash and we vacuum the burn pot and clear out the holes every day.

My dealer came out and looked at the settings again, they were fine. They basically told us we are using it too much and too high power (we should never use it at a 4 or a 5). Since then, we use it 8-10 hours a day with a break mid-day and at power 3 or lower, but the new one is already starting to show thinning in the spot it usually cracks after 5 weeks. We use around 3 tons a season. They also said they talked to the manufacturer and they blamed the pellets we use in the US...I use northern warmth, it's a soft wood.

We got a Ravelli Roma insert 3 years ago. Unfortunately our burn pot keeps cracking. The first one lasted 5 months. We bought another one that lasted 3 months. The dealer made me pay for these, should they have been covered under warranty? The next 2 only lasted 2 months. The dealer came and changed the settings on our stove to no avail. The pellets we use (Northern Warmth) don't leave a sticky residue or much ash and we vacuum the burn pot and clear out the holes every day.

My dealer came out and looked at the settings again, they were fine. They basically told us we are using it too much and too high power (we should never use it at a 4 or a 5). Since then, we use it 8-10 hours a day with a break mid-day and at power 3 or lower, but the new one is already starting to show thinning in the spot it usually cracks after 5 weeks. We use around 3 tons a season. They also said they talked to the manufacturer and they blamed the pellets we use in the US...I use northern warmth, it's a soft wood.
It's not your pellets. I've burned hard wood and soft wood. The burn pots burn out every year. A couple weeks ago I finally built one out of mild steel. Let's see how long that lasts.

Burn Pot.jpg

Reactions: MalcolmH