Ravelli Spillo Air do cleaning message

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

elmersattic

Dec 13, 2022
France
I have a problem with my Ravelli Spillo air. It shuts down after a few minutes with do cleaning message. I have stripped and thouroughly cleaned everything. Swept the flue, cleaned heat exchanger, removed and cleaned behind the vermiculite panels and exhaust flue etc. I have reset zero hours to zero using code 35 but the problem continues. Any ideas?

I gave up trying to fix it last year as pellets had gone from $2,95 for 15kg bag to 15€! This year they have gone down to 5,99€ a bag so pent the whole day trying to sort the problem. Full clean, new gaskets everywhere, new door seal and reealed the side windows......still the same but after hours of trawling the net found a spillo manual that said it could be an air intake blockage or the airflow sensor faulty/dirty. Pulled the fire out of it's hearth and shone my torch in there to see the two probes of the sensor were coated in grey dust. 10 mins firstly with a soft dry paint brush then some window cleaner and allowed it to air dry.......hey presto all sorted and running like a good un!

Reactions: notch