Recognize the ZC fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tcb

Oct 25, 2021
BC
Can you identify this zero clearance fireplace? Listed for free about an hour away.
Trying to determine if I can make it work or it makes sense to replacement my existing.

Give it your best shot!

Looks like a Lennox (now Astria) Montecito. It should have a UL tag on it listing mfg. and model. It may say BIS Tradition CE which is the actual manufacturer. If so, free is a nice deal.

This video is incorrectly titled, but it is for the Tradition CE.

Last edited:
Reactions: clancey
If it is still in good condition, that's a sweet deal. What do you have currently installed?

Have this useless open manufactured fire box.
We’ll likey have to rebuild the whole deal.

Insert options seem limited, questionable and not aethestic to my wife's eye.

If it were me, I would tear that out and replace with a hi efficiency Zero Clearance fireplace or a free standing stove. When my wife and I were looking at houses most in our area had fake fireplaces some wood burning and some gas the agents could not believe that I would rip them out. I kept hearing about these "beautiful fireplaces" we finally found a house with 2 masonry fireplaces and an extra flue to the basement.

That is the new plan.

Just picked up this Monticito. Will rebuild around it.

It’s in ok shape. Some bricks are cracked. Hard to complain though for the price.

Reactions: Rickb
Post some tear our and build pics. We like to live vicariously through others.