Reduced electric rates with heat pumps in Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Max W

Feeling the Heat
Feb 4, 2021
Maine
A link posted by EatenByLimestone to a Bangor Daily News article on insurance and wood stoves contained another story that grabbed my attention. Apparently last week Maine regulators approved lower rates for CMP and Verdant custmers with heat pumps and evs during off peak hours. I haven’t found any more including how this would work and much of a reduction. It did say that one would need to apply to the power co. and it begins after Jan.1.

Reactions: Where2 and SpaceBus
That’s Versant rather, the old Bangor Hydro.

The devil is in the details ;) .

I have my doubts CMP is on board with this. On my previous house in Kennebunk I had solar and mini-splits and had to fight them continuously on inaccurate billing (over-charging). We avg around $20-30/mth for all our electricity and that included the BS $10 fee they added to those using solar. They just hated us….

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to adding a Level2 EVSE to my house in the Maine Public District, Currently have a second EVSE on order that may allow me to split a 50A feed circuit to drive multiple EVSE units. In which case, the first car gets the full 32A, and if a second car shows up and plugs in, it splits and gives each EV 16A, until one unplugs or gets full...

Anyone know if Versant adds fees for having a PV array and net metering in the MPD?