Regency gci60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmsaler

Dec 12, 2010
Western PA
does anybody know how to adjust the auger feed plate on my pellet stove insert? i am burning through a bag of pellet in 8 hours on level 3....seems to be dumping to many pellets in...BUT I LOVE THE HEAT this can throw.

Heck...I don't even know if it has the adjustable plate like an Enviro m55...I just assume so since it is a reman m55

Instructions are horrible on this thing

Surprised no one answered this ... no help from me but a bump to the top of the threads may give you some answers. Good luck

Not sure about the auger plate adjustment, but I find using the thermostat mode on my M55 is key in controlling the pellet burn rate. I do think I would get more than 8 hrs on manual 3 though

Actually, if it is the same as the M55, you need to pull the stove and remove the top panel of the stove so you can access the hopper. Scoop out the pellets from the hopper and you can access the cover plate over the auger, loosen it and slide it down and re tighten. I had my installer open my plate a little one week after install as I was having trouble keeping the flame up, which turned out to be a different issue but I never moved the plate back down. You can also try turning the feed trim down

You can adjust the slide plate as Bill suggested above, but do so conservatively, a quarter inch or so per adjustment. Pellet size might also be contributing to it maybe dropping a little more than it should, if it is. On level 3, that's about 3.9-4.3 lbs/hour. That's not outrageously overfeeding- and you can always set it down to heat level 2. I'd rather have a little overfeeding on each level and just run it on a lower setting.... your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.