Regency Warranty?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Your principal is stated right in your owners manual in the warranty coverage. It’s not required for them to goodwill you extra coverage. Bholler even mentioned to contact regency to tell them about the install cost being so high. It’s not their fault. They also don’t tell you to preventative check every screw in there. Inspection is implied that you will inspect the general construction of the component.

What about asking for advice on fixing the stove. Made someone familiar knows how you could fix the stove you have which could solve the problem.
I followed all of Regency’s guidelines without exception. It’s not my fault the multiple welds cracked within the firebox, period.

I bought the insert a little over 5 years ago based on Regency’s reviews at the time. Unbeknownst to me, there have been multiple reported issues after my purchase with broken welds on their units. Had I known this was an issue, I would have taken more proactive steps with enhanced inspections to safeguard my financial investment.

A weld is implied to last, otherwise Regency would have specifically stated to inspect them like other items with short life cycles like door gaskets, firebricks etc.

Buy and support Regency all you want, it’s a free country.

Could you propose a different model to Regency so it would be equal or better that what you have now.

If you can see the cracks with those things in place the cracks are in the secondary air manifold and pose absolutely no safety issue. Can you post some pictures of it?

While I agree with you it would be fair if regency can do more for you than they are entitled to doing, inspections don't "safeguard your financial investment". They just show when it went south.

There was not much to be done (other than rewelding the places.if issue? - not sure you'd want that done inside your home). It's bad luck, and regency can salvage some of their name by being generous for something you didn't cause. But there was no way you or inspections could have prevented this and saved you money.

If you can see the cracks with those things in place the cracks are in the secondary air manifold and pose absolutely no safety issue. Can you post some pictures of it?
I appreciate the willingness to help but I think I’ll hold off asking for help until Regency makes a final determination on my claim.

While I agree with you it would be fair if regency can do more for you than they are entitled to doing, inspections don't "safeguard your financial investment". They just show when it went south.

There was not much to be done (other than rewelding the places.if issue? - not sure you'd want that done inside your home). It's bad luck, and regency can salvage some of their name by being generous for something you didn't cause. But there was no way you or inspections could have prevented this and saved you money.
If I have to pay installation costs for a new insert, I’m not exactly safeguarding my initial investment.

If I have to pay installation costs for a new insert, I’m not exactly safeguarding my initial investment.

You said " I would have taken more proactive steps with enhanced inspections to safeguard my financial investment."
I said that inspections don't do anything for safeguarding your investment.

You said " I would have taken more proactive steps with enhanced inspections to safeguard my financial investment."
I said that inspections don't do anything for safeguarding your investment.
Cool man. I’m kinda over this at this point. You got an opinion. I got an opinion and we both think we are right. Cheers bro

I agree though that it would have looked.much better had regency sent out (thru their dealer network.or warranty records) a note of caution to the relevant customers, and potentially offer a standard solution for those affected by their mistakes.

I agree though that it would have looked.much better had regency sent out (thru their dealer network.or warranty records) a note of caution to the relevant customers, and potentially offer a standard solution for those affected by their mistakes.
Yup. Bad PR spreads fast too and yeah, Regency could have done better by their known customers. This whole fiasco reminds me public forums are not my scene at all. I’m a face to face kind of dude. Yaw enjoy this feces show, I’m out….