Remove Scan Anderson 10 door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scan10

Jul 29, 2023
Manitoba
I have a Scan Anderson 10 and we need to remove the door to replace the gasket surrounding the glass. Any idea how to remove the door? (Does not lift up as in some stoves).
IMG_2023.jpegIMG_2024.jpeg IMG_2026.jpeg

Can the top lid be removed? If yes, then I would guess that the upper pin can be tapped upward using a drift pin until it clears the door hinge.

What is that dimple? Is there a screw or pin holding the hinge pin solid?
Good eye. Do you mean above the hinge pin in the black casting? That does look like it might be a hex head (allen) screw.

Yeah, it might be nothing, but I can see where that setup and a thick gasket could account for irregular castings. All you’d need is a jig to make sure you drilled the hole for the hinge pins inline. It’d be a really good way to do it!