Replacement pilot assembly for Vermont Castings Radiance 2240 (early 90's?) stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bspark

Oct 27, 2023
Montana
Hi,

I need help finding a replacement pilot assembly. Trying to figure out which aftermarket part will be my best bet since none of them look exactly the same and seem to have "extra" parts compared to the original. Needing to replace because the hood that directs the flame has corroded so I can't get the right flame pattern. I've attached a picture of the assembly and the hook up for the stove. This is the first time I'm working on a gas stove so my apologies if the terminology is incorrect.

Also willing to try suggestions for fixing the hood if that an option.

Cheers,

Bill

20231027_124421.jpg thumbnail_20231027_124437.jpg

Hi,

I need help finding a replacement pilot assembly. Trying to figure out which aftermarket part will be my best bet since none of them look exactly the same and seem to have "extra" parts compared to the original. Needing to replace because the hood that directs the flame has corroded so I can't get the right flame pattern. I've attached a picture of the assembly and the hook up for the stove. This is the first time I'm working on a gas stove so my apologies if the terminology is incorrect.

Also willing to try suggestions for fixing the hood if that an option.

Cheers,

Bill

View attachment 317486 View attachment 317487
I just updated a pilot like this. I can send you the parts that I used.
I was pleased with how it turned out.