Replacement red gaskets for Duravent pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

capetom

Feb 28, 2008
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi, is anyone aware of a source for replacement red silicone gaskets for between sections of Duravent pipe? My pipe for my Harmon 61 is about 15 years old and a couple of gaskets have deteriorated and I am having difficulty finding just the gaskets, seems a shame and expensive to replace elbows and sections which are still solid for the sake of a gasket. Many thanks, I had a look through the forum and did not find anything.

Like this ?

Would a high-temperature silicone caulk work there? It could hinder taking the segments apart later, but I can't imagine why it shouldn't work.

Thanks, I did look at thar Dura Vent product but it is confusing as it says it is for the clean out T , which is a flat gasket in my piping not tapered like the gaskets where the sections join. I will have to contact them. I believe that price is for 12. I did use red hi temp silicone as well at the joints , not sure if I could get a good seal using it alone. Will see what I learn from Dura Vent, thanks all.

If you used silicone in the joint already I doubt you can get a new oring back in there to seal properly... I did not siloicone any of mine and we dont silicone them on installs. Have not had any issues with the PelletVent Pro.

I am having similar issue with my Duravent 4” twist lock end cap used on a tee as a clean out access.

Trying to source those parts from Canada. My stove is now 15 yrs old!

I remember well the sections had NO silicone seal rings, was a couple wraps of white woven stuff like the door seal of a stove just stuffed in there between inner / outer wall of pellet vent. I don't recall any leaking so I'd say it worked.

But a sheet of silicone and cut your own….not hard to do at all

Well, just some thoughts.
Older pellet pipe just had woven rope seals.
Remember, there are 2 layers. If "smoke" comes out, and you have to use sealer or tape, then the seals are not doing their job, on newer piping. On the older rope style, this was quite normal. On older pipes- what I have done, looking in the ends, sometimes there were gaps where the inner and outer pipes meet, is silicone those little gaps, let it dry before assembly. Also have replaced the rope with new rope, on clean out caps.
But if I paid big bucks for new pipe, and it leaked, i would be upset.

Reactions: Washed-Up