Resolute parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

blue key

Dec 18, 2017
Long Island
Any idea where I can get a door handle and a door pin for an older Resolute? It was installed in my basement in 1980 and has "1979" on the inside. It has served me well for a long time.

Also, how can I get it from its old, gray, weathered look to something nicer? Any suggestions?

-bluekey

Very easy to make hinge pins. Do you have a bench grinder, hand grinder, file or electric drill?

Door handle should be #4377 at Woodmans.

Black is either stove black used on cast iron or paint. Stove black is water soluble, so a wet cloth rubbed on the surface will remove the black coating. If you've had the stove for that length of time, (and no one else applied stove black) you would have been renewing the stove black regularly, so it's probably paint.
If water doesn't remove the coating, paint with high temperature paint. Stove Bright by Forrest paints is one of the best. Satin Black will give it a slight sheen and is closest to original. Open windows when curing paint by firing stove for final cure.