resolute stove switch question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mike in mass

Jan 15, 2022
Whitinsville mass
hi there new to this forum and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I have a Vermont Casting Resoulute that's I. the home I purchased a few years ago. Its set up as a gas stove. Theres a switch on the back ON / OFF / Thermostat. Theres a thermostat on the wall nearby and it turned the stove on or off with the temp set on the thermostat or you could override the thermostat and just turn it on or off. # years in and it won't turn on or respond to the thermostat. Are there commonly known fixes for this issue. Any insight on what it might be? I know the gas isn't being restricted, and the power to the thermostat is fine so Im thinking its the switch itself. Anyway TIA

There should NOT be any power to the thermostat.
Have you taken the wires off the back of the T-Stat & jumped the ends together?
What Happens?
Will the switch activate the stove?