Resolute thermostat issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Popolipo

Sep 24, 2020
Nelson B.C.
Hi to you all, we moved to a new house last year where a Resolute woodstove was already installed. We live surrounded by mountains so during winter months wood is our main heat source and the stove is burning mostly 24/7. I’ve read lots of posts as well as the manual to try to understand better how the stove works as I’m pretty new to it. I found great informations about how to run the stove and more.
One thing though about the thermostat, it doesn’t seem to be working. I can open and close the flap at the back manually with the lever but the flap will never close or open by itself. So if the stove starts to run too hot or heat slowing down I always have to manually close or open it. How can I fix that?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

so your flap doesn't move at all? to test start the stove and when it starts to get warm move the lever so that it starts to close. if it is not working then you should be able to find a new thermostatic spring for it here if it is a older unit it could be thishttps://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/170699/products/Vermont-Castings-Thermostat.html if new look thru the woodmans site

Thanks for your reply.
The flap opens and closes if I move the lever manually but I’ve read that it should open/close by itself when it gets too hot/too cold which it doesn’t.