Return water too cold from barn floor loops!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heath250r

Feb 17, 2022
indiana
Is there a mixing valve to raise the water temp above 140 before returning to the boiler?I shut off the floor heat and plumbed in a heat exchanger for the time being.My water was returning to the boiler at 75 deg through the floor.Definately new to slab heat.Thanks for any advice!

Caleffi ThermoProtec, Danfos ESBE, or ThermoVar LK823 are what you need for boiler protection. Also consider a buffer tank or hydraulic separate and a constant flow pump on the radiant.

Reactions: sloeffle
Caleffi ThermoProtec, Danfos ESBE, or ThermoVar LK823 are what you need for boiler protection. Also consider a buffer tank or hydraulic separate and a constant flow pump on the radiant.
Thanks so much, I’m researching everything right now and learning a lot!