Rika Austroflamm Wega back woodstove/oven/cooktop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

David Simeoli

Mar 20, 2021
Utah
I recently bought a 26 yr old woodstove/oven/cooktop by Rika Austroflamm. It is in surprisingly good condition needing only a few parts. I have done a fair amount of searching overall, including Austroflamm who sent me an attachment of the installation instructions (in german of course) that did not offer any instruction on the operation of the vent levers for the stove or the oven (one of the items I need to find)
I have taken the stove apart to see what I am truly dealing with and in the process of restoration and am now moving towards restoration via sandblasting and powder coating.

However, all of the exterior tiles are chipped and have spider cracks. These tiles appear to be ceramic and are 1.5 inches thick with the backside showing ribbing that comes in contact with the stove as opposed to having full surface contact with the tiles. In the event I cannot find correct replacement ceramic tiles, I will resort to soapstone.
Other parts needed are new handles for the oven and insulation rope for the ashtray, the doors (both sets, oven and firebox), and the blank plate that will cover one of the two flue holes.

wood stove 6.jpg wood stove 9.jpg wood stove 2.jpg woodstove tiles.jpg woodstove handles.jpg woodstove boiler plate.jpg