Rika Integra stove issues (error 3)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dkj1028

Dec 17, 2017
New Hampshire
I found this site when trying to diagnose and fix my stove. I'd appreciate any help.
I bought the stove used over the summer. This is its 5th or 6th season.It has been running for well over a month with no issues until now. It has been in the teens and twenties for the last week, so the stove has only been shut down for cleanings. Ashes and burn pot ever day and heat exchanger every 2 weeks or so. I am running the stove in manual mode.

Yesterday while I was gone the stove shut down and was reading ER 3. When I got home in the afternoon I cleaned the burn pot and heat exchanger. Fired it back up and it ran fine.
I happened to wake up at 2am and the stove was off, ER 3 again. I shoveled out the hopper and vac'd all the fines out of the auger area. Fired it back up and sometime around 7am it shut off again.
I pulled the air flow switch and cleaned it off with air and reinstalled. The stove fired back up as normal but then the numbers on the control board were blinking and the stove shut down 30 mins later.

I've read through my manual but the diagnosis are very broad. Anyone have more specific ideas to figure this out?

I found this site when trying to diagnose and fix my stove. I'd appreciate any help.
I bought the stove used over the summer. This is its 5th or 6th season.It has been running for well over a month with no issues until now. It has been in the teens and twenties for the last week, so the stove has only been shut down for cleanings. Ashes and burn pot ever day and heat exchanger every 2 weeks or so. I am running the stove in manual mode.

Yesterday while I was gone the stove shut down and was reading ER 3. When I got home in the afternoon I cleaned the burn pot and heat exchanger. Fired it back up and it ran fine.
I happened to wake up at 2am and the stove was off, ER 3 again. I shoveled out the hopper and vac'd all the fines out of the auger area. Fired it back up and sometime around 7am it shut off again.
I pulled the air flow switch and cleaned it off with air and reinstalled. The stove fired back up as normal but then the numbers on the control board were blinking and the stove shut down 30 mins later.

I've read through my manual but the diagnosis are very broad. Anyone have more specific ideas to figure this out?

Hi there!
You have described my exact situation with my Rika Integra insert!! I have been dealing with this and can't get any solution. 0 degrees today and it is acting up. I look forward to any advice. I bought it new from Lucky Distributing online, they have since gone out of business. Help!!

Well I bought and installed the "annual gasket kit" from offgridstoves per their recommendation and replaced all of them as well as the door gasket. I am still having the same issues with the stove.