Rocky Mountain Pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisratzlaff

Feb 8, 2011
central ks
Just wondering if the Rocky Mountain Pellets are any good?? I have a friend that has burned around 2 ton this winter in his Harman XXV. I have the same stove and was needing to fill out the winter with some type of pellets... I've burnt OHP's, Eco-Flames,
Greenways, and Heartland's.... Thinking of trying a few bags of the Rock Mountains... Any thoughts????

Pretty comparable to the eco-flames. But with a bit more ash. Decent if you can score them for the right price.

How do you like the heartlands?

I agree w/ Jay....I burned about 35 bags last fall as "shoulder season" pellets, and they are OK for that. I'd get 'em again if the price was really good.

I burned 1 ton this season and they burned really clean in the burn pot, but had a lot of fly ash pile up on the sides. They barley had any dust which was nice and they burned ok. I did notice that I didnt get as much heat output, but that could have been because of my stove settings. I still have 4 bags left and I might try and adjust the stove to be more efficent with those pellets. The right price would be the key. I paid $249 a ton for them. I am sure you can get them cheaper up there. Bottom Line I would burn them again if I find them again for the price.

crisratzlaff said:
The Heartlands are HOT!!! I've only burned about 10 bags so..... I guess will see.

I burned them many seasons ago, One of my first softwoods. Ponderosa pine and they were one of the hottest pellets I have burnt. Very close to douglas fir for max heat.

You might be a little disapointed with the rockies heat compared to the Hartlands. But if you use the eco flames to compare you should be pretty close!

Status
Not open for further replies.