Roof Bracket Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timfromohio

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2007
I would like to add another section of pipe to my chimney. It's outside the house, 3x5' sections of double wall pipe already. Due to the way the roof slopes, I don't think that the standard roof bracket kit (using Dura Tech) is long enough. Does anyone know if they sell just a collar and roof bracket kit to which one can add sections of pipe? I've looked at a couple of places on line and the kits for both DuraTech and DuraPlus come with the rods/pipe.

Thanks for any input.

TimfromOhio

Well, here's a dumb follow-up. The instructions don't state if the support rods have to be horizontal from the chimney pipe - if not, I might be OK. I was thinking they should be as close to horizontal from the pipe to roof as possible. Not sure why I thought this.

Any input appreciated,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.