Room sensor connection point, Harman p61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCCT

Mar 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hi all,

One of the connection posts for the room sensor on the back of my stove snapped off (daughter dropped a bag of pellets on the sensor cord). Does anyone know where I can order a replacement piece, or if it even can be replaced?

Thanks!

You should be able to get another terminal from a automotive supply or such and just strip the insulation back and crimp a new connector on if it's just the probe lead. I had a frayed wire on the lead last fall that gave me some major trouble.

Radio shack like $2 for a package. On the back side of the hopper where the connections are there are some blue wires that connect to that plug, cut your room wires, strip em back and twist em up to the blue set or pinch them in the spades on the back of the gromet plug just have to complete the circuit

Reactions: DCCT
I really appreciate all the replies - thank you!

The actual connection point on the back of the stove is what snapped off. Perfect info, Mr. Williamson!

If needing heat for now one can attach the room probe directly to the board. BUT be careful to secure the probe wire to stove some how to prevent pulling from-on the board and just drop the probe wire down and out the bottom of the stove. DSCN0631.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.