RSF Focus ST vs Supreme Duet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

The Robot

Feb 3, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hey guys! Im new to this forum and am looking for advice on an indoor/outdoor double sided stove. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and am rebuilding my home after a flood. I have looked at the RSF Focus ST and the Supreme Duet. Can you guys give me your experience with either of these units or suggest any other units that I should take a look at? Which one would be the best?

Again, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! Im new to this forum and am looking for advice on an indoor/outdoor double sided stove. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and am rebuilding my home after a flood. I have looked at the RSF Focus ST and the Supreme Duet. Can you guys give me your experience with either of these units or suggest any other units that I should take a look at? Which one would be the best?

Again, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have the Vision (= basically same stove). On balance I CAN'T recommend. I did a review on this. Pro's great ambiance, throws off copious heat. Carefully measured air flow to top out burn efficiency. Cons fickle and very expensive like a beautiful woman. Biggest single problem is that in their quest for efficiency they compromised the updraft and this creates a constant smoking problem. Oft times the fire will die after say a half hour unless you get it roaring out of the gate. If it dies then you are screwed because you can't open the door to restart as your entire house will fill with smoke - in fact any time that you upon the door unless it is down to coals you'll get a face full of smoke. Read that last sentence again. So you have to wait an hour or two before that dies out before trying again. Quite infuriating on a below zero morning. There are some other mfg issues but perhaps that is specific to my stove? I really like this stove when it works and swear like a sailor when it doesn't. Also the grill thing is a BS come-on - unless one side of the stove is outside. Otherwise if you think you are going to cook some hamburgers on it in the middle of the living room then think hard again or at least be kind enough to send me a video so I can watch how that goes down. Note further that whole notion of the grill is BS out of the gate when you think of it because you would have to start a fire and then wait a couple of hours for it to burn down to coals before cooking on the grill... or.... wait for it....you could fire up say the Weber and be done in 20 minutes. I took my grills out and chucked them.

You may want to research this stove....
I don't know anything about this stove but from my reading of the material it is more for show than go.
I live in the lakes region in NH (= cold, really cold) and where you live not so much so it wouldn't work for me
but maybe for you?