Russo Citadel Wood / Coal Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dunlap805

Nov 17, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

I am a new member seeking some information about my stove. It is a Russo Citation wood/coal stove, I plan on burning strictly wood this winter. By my guess this is an older stove, maybe 1980's, but I can not find any information about it. I am hooking it up for the first time this year. Does anyone know anything about this stove? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am putting this in my basement that has a solid stone foundation. Any recommendations on the clearance between the stove and stone wall of the foundation?

Thanks!!!
Bryan

Last edited:
If all surrounding surfaces are non-combustible then the stove can go right up against the wall. Just be mindful of clearances to the sides too and don't stack or store combustibles within 3 feet of the stove. Also remember that the stove pipe has its own clearance requirements regardless of stove clearances. Single wall is 18". This is important if it is going to be close to the ceiling joists.

If all surrounding surfaces are non-combustible then the stove can go right up against the wall. Just be mindful of clearances to the sides too and don't stack or store combustibles within 3 feet of the stove. Also remember that the stove pipe has its own clearance requirements regardless of stove clearances. Single wall is 18". This is important if it is going to be close to the ceiling joists.

Yes the ceiling is low, exposed floor joists with spray insulation on the underside of the floor above and a little on the sides of the joists. I do plan on using single wall stove pipe. The single wall stove pipe would be about 10 inches, give or take, away from the joists due to placement of the thimble. This is my plan .... hang cement board from metal studs that I will attach to the joists (the studs giving more than 1 inch of air space between the joists and cement board) and then for added protection attaching a heat shield to the section single wall stove pipe that would be close to the floor joists.

How do you think this combination of shielding will work out?

Here is a link to the heat shield I will be using

http://www.imperialgroup.ca/stove_stoveboardsheatshields.cfm?c=346

I would feel better using double-wall connector here. It's better pipe, especially for coal, and the cost might not be that different.

Status
Not open for further replies.